If you have been charged with a serious crime, you need a serious lawyer. When facing criminal charges for DUI, theft, assault, or any other criminal act, you need a lawyer with the necessary credentials and experience to help protect your rights and your future. Use the following guide to help find the right Criminal Attorneys Los Angeles from Kestenbaum Law Group firm for your case
1. The most important thing one should confirm is that the attorney you are going to hire needs to have the experience related to your kind of case. Apart from being a criminal attorney, he should also have experience in handling DUI cases.
2. Next thing is to speak to your friends and relatives. They might have got into the same kind of situation and they may help you. They might also refer an attorney who is experienced in this kind of cases. And a referral always helps.
3. The attorney you are going to hire should be able to give you a free consultation. IF it's through phone it should be 10 mins and if it's in person then a maximum of 30 mins should be fine. When you consult your attorney you should tell him everything. Do not hide anything from your criminal Attorneys Los Angeles as it may impact the case negatively.
4. Also, make sure to ask the Criminal Attorneys Los Angeles that who will handle the case. Nowadays, busy attorneys make their assistants to carry through all the process. It is ok if the assistants are working only with the initial process, but make sure that the case is attended by the criminal attorney himself when it reaches the important point.
5) Make sure the terms of the engagement are clearly spelled out. Be sure to ask what the rates are for negotiating a plea agreement and any other stages up to and including trial. Rates can vary dramatically from attorney to attorney and you can avoid a big surprise by asking about them up front. An up front retainer fee after the initial consultation is usually required.
5. Do speak about charges before hiring the Criminal Attorneys Los Angeles. Charges will vary from a lot between one criminal attorney to another. Therefore, to avoid any surprise one should speak to the attorneys about the charges priorly.
The above-mentioned tips will help you in starting the search for Criminal Attorneys Los Angeles. One best way where you can find the list of Criminal Attorneys near your neighborhood is online directories and databases.